View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #8
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
I mounted my controller on the front of my shell, about 12" above the bottom of the shell. I have a front window, so I made sure I was not right where my window crank is. Controller is sheltered from water while on the road, as it is under the front shell. It is under the front bed at camp, so it is sheltered while open, also..
The Front of the front shell is outside, in the weather, during travel - do you mean that you mounted it on the fixed TM vertical panel behind the lowered shell, and underneath the bed when opened up? Or do you mean that you're on the inside of the moving shell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
I ran the wires straight down, and through a hole in the frame, below the front. Then, two wires went street-side through holes and zip-ties, and two wires went to my battery on my tongue.

If you are concerned about losing your batteries while in a storage lot, I had a chain locked around my battery. Granted, bolt cutters will cut chain easily, but if you are not at a public storage yard, I wouldn't worry about battery theft. Just me, though
I'm not worried, now that I've decided to stay with cheap batteries. At the beginning of the Thread, I was thinking about an upgrade to very expensive batteries.