View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #29
mrgoodwx

Good discussion...thanks for continued input.

It all has me wondering...if I give up my present 2002 Pathfinder with part-time 4WD (high and low)...and go with something that has AWD...am I going to miss the present configuration?

I've used my Pathfinder's 4WD "low" to nudge the car out of stuck positions and I have always used it to go up the 30 foot long steep slope of grass on our 5 acres to put my camper where we wanted it. But...I never tried it with 4WD "high" and wonder if that would have gotten me where I wanted to go. And, I've never had an AWD vehicle. I just want to make sure I can still put the camper where I want it. I don't feel the need for full-time or permanent 4WD. Long-gone are the days when I had Jeeps and would take my family places they couldn't believe (actually...15 years ago they told me they would no longer ride in the Jeep hanging off the side of a cliff).

Okay...I'm heading out the door to check out a Honda Ridgeline...but the 2012 Pathfinder I tentatively eliminated a few days ago is creeping back into my thinking...