View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #26
mrgoodwx

I didn't get out and test anymore vehicles today as an emergency came up (my wife's computer's printer died and the world came to an end). But...I do plan to get back to this tomorrow. I appreciate the comments I'm reading.

PopBeavers...I have to confess I haven't paid enough attention to the type tires on the vehicles I've tested...so I'll have to investigate why the Traverse had such a nice ride.

Brittany Dogs...I've probably been swayed by reviewers trashing the "outdated" Pathfinder, but I have to say the 2012 Pathfinder SV I drove seemed just fine to me. My 2002 Pathfinder has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. I am assuming you are still quite happy with your 2010. Also...I have wondered about the suspension and truck frame for towing a heavy tongue such as the Trailmanor compared to the SUVs that use a "car platform." Does anyone else have an opinion on whether this is an issue that needs to be investigated more? The Dodge Durango advertises their "load leveling" suspension for towning. Even though I mentioned towing to the Traverse salesman, he didn't say anything about the Traverse's "tow/haul mode," which I've read about. I need to investigate that further but I think it's focused on preventing the transmission from constantly changing gear when towing up inclines.