Thread: Bathroom Wall
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 09:24 AM   #4
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

I googled pictures of the Trailmanor 2518 bathroom and the light bulb went off in my tiny brain. The 2518 bathroom is a reverse of all other TM's. Once ya realize that the bracket location makes sense.
There's two issues here. The first being the folding wall support bracket. Using a door hinge to support the folding wall is silly; IMHO. To fix that, my thought is to add a support with bracket using velcro. You could mount the bracket to a 1x2 piece of wood stock. The velcro would hold the support flat against the bed wall with the 1x2 sitting on the floor. This would hold the folding wall when everything is folded down, but could be removed when the bathroom is set up. You don't need a heavy duty velcro. Even the 3M wall strips to hold pictures on the wall would work. It just needs to keep the support flat against the bed wall to prevent the folding wall from bouncing.
As to the hinge popping off, mine started coming loose. When I pulled the screws out, they were short, I tried longer screws, but it prevented proper set up. I'd say no longer than an inch long. Those rivet ends in one of the pictures are straight, as if they didn't blossom out to catch with in the bed wall. I maybe saying this incorrectly, but I'm not a machinist. I'm still thinking and trying to remember the folding door wall slides out about an inch or so to enable it to fold down. The fact that the 2518 is reversed from all other versions and I can't get to my TM to look at it set up. I'm cross country helping family.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote