View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
Like2Ride

I do think there is something going wrong at TM - This is the list of what I remember that I found in the first month of ownwership.
1) The Factory installed radio - No reception - When I finally dunked a CD, only one speaker works. After searching the forum I found that several people had found the antenna disconnected at the left rear corner - not so on mine - no antenna wire in the bundle at all. Then I found that they just stuck a short white wire in the antena socket on the back of the radio and let it fall behind the fridge. I think the only way I am going to get any reception is to install an external antenna.
2) The kitchen drawers fell in. Turned out that they did not connect/support the back side of the drawer rails to anything. It just relies on the two staples in the front to hold the whole drawer assembly up. That didn't make the first 250 miles home.
3) Before connecting to site water supply, I purchased a water regulator, but when I turned on the camp site water, It started filling the compartment where the water tank resides. I was able to tighten connections and get it to stop leaking.
4) When we started to use the kitchen sink, we soon realized that the food in the cupboard underneath the sink was all wet. I tightened up all the drain connections and eventually got it to stop leaking. The drain is not centered in the sink hole, so I am sure I will be re-visiting this one.
5) The door on the electrical panel falls open every time you close the exterior door. Since it is next to the exterior door the chances of stepping on it and breaking it are great.
6) One of the vanity drawer fronts has a huge split lengthwise across the whole drawer.
7) The rear door does not line up unless you make the unit un-level. You need to torque it using the leveling jacks which makes the unit not level. Otherwise the latch between the upper and lower parts of the door doesn't connect right. The whole door frame is a mess - the holes where the latches go into the frame look like they used a can opener to make them (a great place to slice up a finger).
8) A number of holes in the floor that had little or no insulation. I do cold weather camping, so this is a concern especially when moving in freezing temps.
9) While I really like their overall design, there are some stupid things. I could not believe when I removed the outside frig cover looking for the radio problem, I notice that the cover frame is held on by several wood screws into small sticks of wood. Now many of us have probably done this type of temporary repair when we did not have the right screw and nut, but it is not something that I have ever considered permanent. The other design issue that was immediately evident was that when folded, the bathroom door hangs down and just bangs against the stationary part of the bath wall.
10) Probably the most agravating is when you take the time write an email to Customer Service at Trailmanor, and they don't respond at all, it is a sign of a company who does not value their customers.

While I can correct any of these (and I have corrected a number of them), the reason for my original post was to say that people buying new (at this time) need to have a dealer close by to finish assembling the unit. I still love the concept, I just wish they had more control over the quality of the product.