View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
mtnguy

I an not familiar with the overall quality of the 2010 units, but with what I have seen on other years the quality of Trailmanor is much better that those of other RVs. When I was at the factory in Aug. 2008, I was impressed with the operation there. I also saw where they had a "hiring" sign up at the main road, and was told that they were having trouble finding workers for the line. If that is still going on, then that might contribute to some quality issues. Trailmanor should (and probably will) address your issues. I realize that a 5 hour drive will be a big inconvenience to remedy your issues.

Regarding your bent frame, I realize that is a concern. I am no structural engineer, but it appears that just the lip of the C frame is bent, and not the vertical part. This might affect the integrity of the frame slightly, but I betcha you will never have a problem with that. Trailmanor apparently uses a lighter frame on the TrailMini to keep down on the weight. If they used a tubular frame similar to the fold-down models, than that would add another 100 lbs. or so to the total weight. With no intention of faulting anyone, when I lifted the tubular framed Trailmanor and the I-beam frame on my current travel trailer, I distribute the weight of my bottle jack by placing a board between the jack and the frame. I betcha this is 1 of those learning lessons that won't happen again.