View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 08:14 PM   #20
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2468 View Post
Hi Serenity,
I tow my 2922KB with a 2020 Toyota Highlander which is roughly the same size as your Infiniti SUV.

One thing I'd like to call out is that Infiniti may say that your QX60 is able to use a weight distribution hitch, but that statement may only be true if using an Infiniti trailer hitch. I would check that the Uhaul hitch you're using utilizes the exact same mounting points as the factory installed one (all of the mount points)and that the Uhaul hitch is (specifically) rated for WDH use.

At the time I purchased my Highlander, Toyota didn't have a factory hitch available for my trim level (Platinum), so I installed a Curt trailer hitch not realizing that Curt didn't approve that specific model for WDH use. Later I found that Curt did have a Highlander trailer hitch which was rated for WDH hitch use. (But Curt's WDH "certified" tow hitch used the exact mounting points on my Highlander)

Upon investigating further, I found that Toyota's factory hitch had several more mounting points than the available aftermarket (Curt and Drawtite) hitches....leading me to remove and replace the original Curt trailer hitch with a factory trailer hitch. The factory hitch bolts onto the vehicle in 7 spots vs. Curt's 4 mount points.

You will be at the very upper tow limit for your vehicle while towing a 3124; please make sure that you're confident that the tow vehicle meets the Infiniti specs for using a Weight Distribution Hitch.
Oh man....... I asked about factory tow package for that reason and the transmission cooler as well. I missed that they installed an aftermarket hitch.

Good catch Rich..... I definitely would not put a WDH on an aftermarket hitch. If they lose that trailer hitch on the road, it wouldn't be pretty.

Been there, done that and that was a factory hitch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Accident7.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	20943