View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 02:20 PM   #17
Serenity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmiller3 View Post
Since you have been told that you are not supposed to use a WDH with your tow vehicle, is picking and choosing hitches what you should be focusing on?

First I would resolve whether or not you can even use one. If you mess up your tow vehicle to save the cost of having the trailer delivered to your house, that may not be the optimal strategy.

In the long run, that trailer / tow vehicle combo is only going to give you trouble, IMHO. 200 lb margin to the limit is not a good idea (4800 to 5000).
Well, when we were at the dealership nobody ever said anything about not using one. In fact, they spent nearly three hours trying to help us get it hooked up. It wasn't until we called back after we had gone home, asking it it would be okay just to tow home that a guy that had assisted for like five minutes told us that we shouldn't use one and he just said that all unibody vehicles shouldn't use one.

So I looked into that and found that is only true for some unibody vehicles and that it really depends on what your manual says. So we looked at out manual and it actually gives directions for using it with a weight distribution system. I don't see why the manual would tell you how to use one if it wasn't okay, ya know?

As far as the weight, do you think it will be an issue since it is cutting it so close? The GVRW means with all of the tanks loaded, right? We don't plan on moving it with the tanks loaded (except maybe propane) and we really won't be bringing hardly anything at all with us. Just a few dishes and some camping chairs.
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote