View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 10:43 AM   #1
Mr_funnypuns
Site Sponsor

Default Norcold fridge not staying lit on gas - interruptor?

OK, my fridge works right on DC, and on AC. Gets nice and chilly. I can get the fridge lit, and the flame indicator moves into the green as long as I have the safety button held. However, when I let it go, the safety valve immediately pops closed.

Got the repair manual, and went through the diagnostic. One side of the interruptor measures normal voltage, while the other side seems to be zero volts.

Looks like a I got a bad interruptor. A few questions:
1) Anything else I should check? Is the interruptor just an electromagnet? Can I measure the resistance of the coil to verify that it's the problem?

2) Any tips on changing the interruptor? Something I should let a pro do the job? If so, where could I find a pro in/near Chicagoland?

3) What else should I consider changing out/having changed as long as that needs work?

4) Any clue how long a job it might be? I've got big fat hands.... I think I'll need to take the counter top off to get at the parts and do the job.

Thanks in advance!

2720SL The "Inator"
Tanium 600lb WDH, Atwood power Jack, 2 inch lift kit, 15 inch tires, 200W Solar, T105 Pair, Yamaha EF1000i w/ propane conversion, Tuson TSC electronic sway control, Trojan Hydrolink battery watering system

2005 Ford Expedition
Factory tow Package, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Grand Aero Tow mirrors

TRailer Valet XL
Mr_funnypuns is offline   Reply With Quote