Old 01-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
I see that 3M sells a similar product (3M 08946):
https://www.amazon.com/3M-08946-Clea...0590713&sr=8-2
I like the sound of that stuff, for some places where I have been using white lithium grease. But not necessarily for this application. A film of grease attracts dirt, and I wouldn't want a greasy dirty strip on both sides of my living room.

Lowes used to sell a dry teflon (not silicone) spray lube that I liked a lot. Either Dupont Teflon Multi-Use Semi-Dry Lube, or DuPont Teflon Non-stick Dry Film Lubricant, I think - I no longer have a can. It was great on the screws of the stabilizer jacks, for instance, where lube is needed but grit is a bad idea. Last time I was in Lowes (so long ago!) I couldn't find it, so I bought a can of Blaster. Wasn't thrilled with it, so I bought a can of Boeshield T-9. It seems to work better than the Blaster, but not as well as the DuPont stuff.

It appears that Lowes no longer carries the DuPont stuff, but other places do, so I will go back to it when I can find it. DuPont makes a lot of similar-sounding stuff, so if you go looking for it, shop carefully. The word "Dry" will signal the right one.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote