View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
PopBeavers

I tow my 2005 TM 2720 with a 2002 Chevy 1500HD 6.5 foot bed truck. The one time I weighed it all the weight on the TM axle was 3380 pounds, pretty close to the limit.

While talking to the factory for a different topic we discussed sway control and WD hitches. The advice I got was that a TM never needs sway control and does not need a WD hitch when towed by a large TV, such as mine, and probably yours.

I have measured the sag at the rear bumper and attaching the TM causes 5/8 inch of sag. The front lifts slightly.

On one occasion I made a near panic stop and was impressed with how fast it all stopped and that it stopped in a straight line.

You get to make your own choice, but I think your truck is at least as big as mine.

Regarding a/c: In three seasons of camping I have used it once. We mostly camp above 5,000 feet, are gone all day and never have shore power. But, I like having it because we intend to keep the TM for another 11 years until we retire. You never know where you will want to go in the future.