View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
mtnguy

Clarkie,

Even though I have an F150, I still use a WDH. With a 480 lb. tongue weight (that includes the WDH platform, but doesn't include the 2nd battery I installed later) on the TM, it takes 180 lb. off of my front axle, and adds 700 lbs on my rear axle. Your F250 will easily handle that kinda weight either way, but I would think even with your heavier truck, if you could get the original geometry back into your vehicle as set up by the factory, your would have a more pleasant and safer driving experience.

That said, if I used a standard drop ball mount that would be mounted closer to the vehicle, and with less weight than a WDH platform, that would probably put some weight back on my front tires.....hmmmm.

About the AC: It is my understanding that to add that after market, you would probably have to take it back to the factory, or a really good TM dealer that knows what they are doing. They will probably have to install heavier torsion bars to accomodate the extra weight. If I would be questioning my future AC needs, I would be looking for something with AC.

Chap