View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 02:20 PM   #1
Bigcats1

Exclamation Future TM Owner...

Hi....so glad I found this forum.
We love camping and have been tent camping for the past 2 yrs. We have decided to "upgrade" to trailer camping. There are only 2 of us (and our poodle) so we would only be looking at something that is comfortable just for us.
We have been looking at and searching on the internet for information on 2 types. One is pop-up campers (mainly Fleetwood) and the other is Trailmanor.
We like both and both seem simply to set up and easy to tow. (we have a Mercury Mountaineer for tow vehicle). We have been to dealerships, walk around in them, asked the salesperson questions and have loads of information on paper. But what we are really looking for is info from owners.
Seeing that all on this forum are TM owners, we were hoping to get advice, suggestions, and information.
My greatest concern is about the TM leaking at the seal between the 2 shells. I read on this forum about leaks around windows, A/C, and some leaks around roof. Most of the leaking has been on pretty new trailers (which concerns us...) but what about long term.
How do the seals hold up ??
What is the biggest complaint ??
What are your opinions on TM vs pop-ups??
We would love to hear from everyone....any comment would help us decide.

Thanks.....