View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingStones View Post
Hello Again!
OMG I am so excited!! We're picking up our 2002TM 2916 in Northern Cal on Thurs. We're driving up from San Diego area. We plan on stopping in Big Sur and Santa Barbara areas on the way home. Now what do we do????
On a trivial note, the day we pick up just happens to be our 10 yr wedding anniv. Doesn't get much better than dat! thanks again
Nick and Kristin
TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!
There is a wealth of information on this forum. Check out:
"Trailmanor Information You Won't Find Anywhere Else"

I think this is available to non members.

First things first - you must be safe!!
Check the tires for signs fo wear and proper inflation. I have a 2002 2619 also. I check the tires regularly and keep 55 lbs in them (including the spare). If the tires are the originals the can be 5-6 years old now and approaching the end of their useful life regardless of what the tread looks like. You can tell the age of the tires by a code number stamped on the sidewalls. I just replaced my tires even though the treqad looked to be good.

Get yourself some Thetford chemical dedorant for the toilet. They make two kinds- one with formaldehyde, and one without. I've been using the non formaldehyde version, but I think I might try the other. With two people you should be good for a long weekend with the recirculating toilet. We always try to make maximum use of the campground's facilties if available.

If you can, try not to travel with fresh water in the fresh water tank. At 7+ lbs/gallon that is another 150 pounds of weight you'd be towing. I try and use the campgrounds's water if it's available. Ditto the toilet - charge it when you get to campground if you can. Don't forget to dump toilet before you leave if campground does not have sewer connections.

You must have the brake controller (Prodigy brand or other) on your TV. Make sure whomever installs it, shows you how to adjust controller itintially with the trailer attached. The brake controller operates the electric brakes on the trailer. One it's set, you probably shouldn't have to readjust it.

I have a full sized 1/2 ton pickup. I don't have a WDH, but most people say they are a good thing. The transmission cooler is also a good bet. I try to always minimize the weight of the trailer. You only have about 1000 lbs of stuff you can put on/in the trailer and that alreadycounts the awning, battery(ies), propane, etc.

Good luck on your maiden voyage. You'll learn quickly! Let us know how it goes.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote