View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #7
meriflower

I will echo that of other posters. When the weather was nice, the popup is hard to beat, it's just in bad weather, having to pack up in the rain or when the wind is really blowing that a popup becomes a pain. We had to cut our camping trip short on one trip because of the wind was so bad, sides of the canvas was blowing in, the top was swaying back and forth!

For storage, keeping it inside a garage protected from the outside elements is the best. For long-time storage, we just ensure that no mice can get in and from time to time plug in the battery to charge. During the winter, we put RV antifreeze for the lines and take out battery.

For ease of setup and takedown or being caught in the rain, the TM beats a popup - no contest there! But then again my Hi-Lo beats both a popup and a TM, it goes up & down with just a touch of a button in 12 seconds! Good luck in your decision. I would recommend to go visit a dealer, spend a lot of time in each one and practice setup/takedown of each unit. We also wrote a list of things we liked/didn't like for each unit we were interested in and that helped too.