View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
PopBeavers

I have a 2005 TM 2720, with hanging cabinet over the sink, microwave drawer, a/c on the roof, awning, swing away tongue, two group 24 batteries on the tongue, 40 gallon water tank. I did not have a microwave or television. Nor any bicycles.

I weighed it once. I loaded it with everything I thought I would ever take for a long trip. I had 7 camping chairs, 3 camping tables, full of water (40+6 in the heater), toilet charged, food, lots of cold drinks, Honda 2000 generator. I don't think anyone has ever loaded a TM 2720 as much as I did.

At the TM axle it weighed 3380 pounds, 120 below the limit. I did not weigh the tongue. I would expect that the tongue weight was certainly less than 600 pounds. I certainly hope so as my hitch is rated for 500. May need to upgrade the hitch.

So my total was just under 4000 pounds.

If I got rid of the water that would eliminate 370 pounds. I didn't need that much beer and soda and bottled water. I believe you can keep the TM at 3500 pounds with only a little skimping.

I would encourage you to weigh it on your first trip out so you know how close to the limits that you are.

Also be aware that there is the weight limit for the trailer and there is a weight limit for trailer plus van plus people and everything in the van. Make sure you understand both limits and not just one limit. I won't quote terms like G???. I can never keep those things straight myself, but I don't need to because I have a big TV.

Good luck. We have had our TM 2 years and try to use it once a month.