View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam1ru12 View Post
Hello Everyone,
After browsing the "Information You Won't Find Anywhere Else" (specifically about the toilet), I have a silly question that I'm not sure I can find the answer too.....1.) my assumption is that most campgrounds do not have "dumping" hook ups at each campsite, you must move your rig to the dumping station, right? 2.) Assuming #1 is a "no" can you move the TM in it's "Set Up" position or do you have to collapse the TM to move it to the campground's dumping station? I'm most concerned about the TM making contact with the tow vehicle willing moving it. BTW I would never think of actually towing the TM expanded -Mike
I think your assumption is about right - "most" campgrounds do not have a sewer connection for each site. It has been my experience that the state and national parks, and Corp of Engineer camping facilities (at least around here) do not have sewer connections at each site. Many private campgrounds do however provide a sewer connection (usually at slight addtitional cost). But generally we prefer the SPs, NPs, and COE parks - usually more room, not as crowded, and less expensive.

I have never tried moving the TM in the raised position to get to an onsite dump facility, but I think others on this forum have. I guess it depends on how far the dump facility is, and how smooth the roads are. Another alternative you might consider is to get one of those "blue totes". They range in size from 10 to 30 gallons as I recall. We have a small 10 gallon tote that we've used a few times. So between the TM toilet and a small tote, we have over a weeks worth of usage if needed (2 adults). We try to use the campground's bathrooms as much as possible though.

Good luck on your search!

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote