View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
ragmopp

Default New TM on the way

Hi,

We ordered a 2730SL from Dinubarv yesterday. Both the wife and I are really excited to get the unit (4 to 6 weeks). We have been perusing this site for different ideas and tips and it has been a wealth of information.

Riverrat - You wanted to know about the sales experience. We did a once over on a couple of units he had (had been there last year and spent more time) about 40 minutes. We went into his office and 20 minutes later we were shaking hands with a sales slip in our hands. As to price, he (Dave) came down a reasonable amount, so it seemed fair.

Now I have a couple of questions. First I will be towing with a 2005 Toyota Tacoma and Dave recommended a WDH. I know someone here has the same truck as I do and said he didn't need it. Still curious about that. They sell a Husky WDH. If I go that route is the Husky a decent unit? He wants about $350.

Another question is about the battery. I told them I don't want the one they provide as I have a group 27 Lifeline battery, I kept from my old trailer. I am wondering about the size of the standard battery box, and if it will accommodate my battery. The size of my battery is 7"Wide 13" Long by 10" High. I forgot to measure the box before I left. Does anyone know if this battery will fit?

Lastly, I asked about level bubbles. I thought I read that some folks put one on each corner? What Dave suggested was to have a level (if I can describe it properly) on the hitch. I think you can turn it and it will show side to side and also front to back leveling. He stated it was most important to have the frame level. Would that be adequate?

Mike Anderson
2005 Toyota Tacoma
2007 2720SL (soon)