View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Got to agree with Texas_Camper on this one. The price for the TM sounds good, but if your tow vewhicle has to struggle to pull it (and is unable to stop it or control it in emergency situations), you won't be happy. In response to this question, I always ask (and nobody ever responds), WHERE do you intend to pull it? That is a very important part of the equation that is usually overlooked.

A 2720SL once ready for the road, will weigh just about 3500 pounds, leaving you no margin in your tow vehicle. So now, you need to know what Honda means when they say "3500 pounds". Quite often they mean "no luggage, no options, nearly empty gas tank, 150 pound driver, no passengers" and a host of other limitations.

You need to check your Honda's GCWR, not just its tow rating, and do the math. I believe you'll come up short, but if you don't, let me know. I woiuld be glad to have some more education on this topic.

I am not a snarlin' muscle truck guy - my Explorer is quite modest. But even though it is rated at 7000 pounds towing capacity, it is barely adequate in the Rockies.

WHERE do you plan to tow? WHAT will you load into your tow vehicle?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote