Thread: Dealer support?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouse
This brings me to an observation: Based on several months of reading posts in this forum, it seems obvious to me that there is tremendous brand loyalty (Trailmanor) but not dealer loyalty. Two notable exceptions seem to be Cheasapeake RV & Dinuba RV.
If you read closely, I think you will see repeated good comments on a few others, such as MCD on Cape Cod, The Car Show in C-Springs, and Custom RV in Anaheim - but perhaps none near you.

Quote:
Furthermore, whether meant this way or not, it has been clearly implied that you can't trust an ordinary RV dealer to work on your TM. This concept baffles because most of the TM is std issue RV ...
I think you have answered your own question. You CAN trust an ordinary dealer to work on the "std issue RV" stuff. After all, a 3-way gas refrig in a TM is no different from the same 3-way gas refrig in a Jayco, etc. And the refrigerator warranty, or air conditioner warranty, or whatever, will be honored equally at a TM dealer or non-TM dealer or service center.

But (and it's a big BUT), it is hard to expect a non-TM dealer to repair something that is very TM-specific, such as the lift system. The TM design is quite innovative compared to the cookie-cutter design of other travel trailers. It should be no surprise that experience, knowledge, factory training, and access to the factory's staff, are important. I think (and it is worth confirming) that for these items, the TM warranty requires work be done by an authorized TM dealer.

Don't be discouraged. By its nature, this discussion board is a place where problems are discussed. I am under the impression, though, that TMs have no more (or fewer) problems than other travel trailers. Have you tried reading (for example) the Open Roads Forum (www.rv.net/forum)?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote