View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
jellis

Default 3124 Bed vs. Sofa

FWIW, we really love our 3124KB, partially because the double bed area is so large and useful; not just for sleeping, but also for storage of things like coats, packs, cameras, books, etc. If I read the brochure correctly, the KS sofa bed is 41 X 69 inches. I think this is the same couch/bed that is used in the KS, just moved to the front of the TM. The KB bed is 48 X 78 and is definitely comfortable for adult sleeping. Being tall, I find the 41 X 69 couch just adequate and a little too short to be comfortable for more than just an afternoon nap. We were worried the dining table might be too small, but it is very adequate for four, but no more than that.

The sofa and storage cabinet in the KS are also nice, with more of a "living room" feel than the KB. I don't think the furnace would be a problem, but will leave it more experienced hands to advise you on that. It probably comes down to your son's size and comfort. I'd definitely try both before committing if at all possible, though not many dealers I know of keep both in stock. (If you're near Memphis, come by and look at ours.) We just went by intuition and ended up with a good choice for us.

Good luck,
Jon and Rita