View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 08:41 AM   #5
BobRederick

Ken,

I decided on first TM, then the 3326 as the model for us. First, we are approaching retirement and the space has to be an advantage. Our kids are grown and we have occasional grandkids stay. But what I liked most was
a) the higher viewing position sitting at the dinette,
b) the ready access to refrig, stove, oven, and pantry from sitting at the dinette... The worst thing about a folding trailer is constantly bending over to get stuff. On this subject, I am trying to find just the right storage bin system so I can pull out a bin of items from the cabinets instead of getting down there to reach in. Several threads have dealt with that on the forum. Man, that galley right across the isle from the dinette is the way it should be!
c) Weight is about the same and can be pulled by my Envoy.
d) It matches the length of my son's toy hauler so I expect to be able to pull it into any dry campsite that he can get into. The 2.5" lift will make it even better and I may very well add that.

A current thread deals with axle weight and braking. The extra set of wheels gives more weight margin and braking capacity for long grades since the weight is little different compared to the 1-axle models and there are 2 sets of brakes doing the work. I like the second axle, but am not sure it is a big deal.

I love towing it. May get it out next weekend.

Tucsoncarol down there has a 3326King that was purchased in '04 and the same model I have. Might ask her how she likes it.

Best wishes. I would like to see a lot more of them in Az. Its really fun to get with someone else who has one and compare mods and ammenity improvements.

Keep us posted.

Bob