View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
Buzzardrump

Default To A/C or Not to A/C?? That is the question..

I have read and re-read threads in this forum and seem to have found the answers to most, if not all, of my basic questions as a prospective owner of a TM. However, one needs asking...Why does everyone seem to have an A/C?? From what I have read, it would appear that it is not of much benefit if you boondock a lot unless you have a generator. The tv antenna is not beneficial if you plan to use satellite, and the awning is supposedly susceptible to wind damage, so not sure I really need those either. I have camped near people with generators, and I swore I would never do that as it ruins the quiet that many come out into the boondocks for. So if I am not a desert heat person, and will not be staying in RV parks anymore than forced to, would it make sense to purchase a unit that does not have A/C package and cut the cost and weight? I think I would prefer puting the cost and weight into a solar system and more battery capacity. Is my thinking off base?? Looking for insight of people with experience, especially those that boondock a lot.