View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Re carpet: There was at least one thread on this board about removing carpet. It was a while back (maybe two years), and I think the replacement was done by Denny_A. You should be able to find it by clicking "Search".

Re the sofa: If I recall correctly, the "sofa" is not a single unit such as you would find in your living room. It is actually a collection of smaller pieces, all of which should be easy to remove from the trailer. The seat part is one piece, the back is another piece, and each arm is a separate piece. The first two simply lift out - this is how the sofa makes into a bed. The arms are bolted in place, I think into a steel frame which is bolted into the floor. You don't have to remove the frame - you should be able to remove each arm individually and carry it out of the trailer. In other words, none of this should be hard to do. BUT bear in mind that I am describing my 2720SL, not the 3124KS you are looking at.

Re the air conditioner: You say it is not factory, and ask if this will be a problem. I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if a non-factory a/c is a problem to start with? Or are you saying you would like to replace the non-factory a/c with "factory-style" air, and wonder if it will be a problem to do so?

If the first, then the answer is problably No, a non-factory a/c shouldn't be a problem if it was well-installed in the first place. For years, TM used a standard household window air conditioner, installed it in a kitchen cabinet, and vented it through an opening cut into the curb side wall of the trailer. It worked well, but it took up some precious kitchen cabinet space. If that is where the a/c is now installed, it should be OK. Rocky Mountain Ray recently retrofitted his 2720SL with a side-mount air conditioner - you can search for the thread describing his conversion.

On the other hand, if you mean that you want to remove a side-mount air conditioner and put in a roof-mount air conditioner (as the factory has done since 2002, I think), then the answer is that you problably CANNOT do this. The added weight on the roof would require new torsion bars, and I would expect that the wiring is not in place. This project gets out of hand in a hurry.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote