View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 04:05 PM   #1
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Questionable dealer, or look around

I'm stuck. I want to buy a Trailmanor, have for years. There was no Arizona dealer. Now there is. Right in Tucson. I went to see them, and the trouble began. I explained to the salesman the reasons I was interested in Trailmanor, and listed my experience with various types of trailer/tent combo so he would know I knew what I wanted. He told me it was a new line for them (I knew that) and he didn't really know much about it. We went out to the yard where they had three similar, smaller models only one of which was partly set up. We sat in it for maybe five minutes while he told me that it really wasn't what I should have, and then dragged me around the lot to see two other makes that were nothing like what I had told him I was interested in. As they didn't even have the model I wanted, 3326K, I restated my desire for this line and told him that when they got a 3326K on the lot he should call me. I told him that if it looked as good as I believed it was, I would buy it. I said that if he ordered it for someone else, and it was already sold, I would still like to see it and would place an order if it met my specifications. He was unimpressed. He said they wouldn't even order any more until the ones on the lot sold, and that they only took the franchise to keep it from going to Phoenix. Aarghhhh!!! What now? I don't think I trust these guys to tell me the time of day, much less sell me a fairly expensive trailer. I've heard good things about the dealer in Colorado Springs, should I drive up there and deal with him or go some other route altogether?
tucsoncarol is offline   Reply With Quote