Thread: Haul master WDH
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Presumably this is the 67649 hitch?

When you say one hangs lower than the other, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that when the springbars are fully inserted into the head, the tip of one is lower than the tip of the other? If so, this suggests that the bend in the two bars is not the same. Lay one bar down, and put the other on top of it. Are they bent equally? Are the short ends of equal length? They should be identical. If they are not, you could probably get away with it, but I would ask for an exchange.

Or do you mean that when the bars are inserted into the head, the curved part of one bar sticks out of the head by a half inch more than the other? This suggests a problem in the head - one bar cannot be fully inserted into the head. The picture seems to show a little latch where the short end of the springbar would extend into the head. Do both bars click properly into the latch? If you cannot get one of them fully inserted and latched into the head, it could pop out at an inconvenient time, which could be a disaster if you are driving down the road. In that case I would demand (not request) a refund or exchange.

More info, please.

By the way, the ad for this hitch says that it "prevents dangerous trailer sway". In point of fact, a plain WDH has no effect, good or bad, on trailer sway. There are WDHs with an anti-sway mechanism built in, but this is not one of them. This should not concern you, since TMs are specifically built not to sway. But you should be aware of it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote