View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 11:12 AM   #13
sandy eggo

Ray,

Same thing occured to me - ok, he's from Texas, how much serious mountain driving has he done. I will email him privately to inquire. One thing though - he did quote in the post that he's pulled that beast over 20,000 miles. I know Texas is big but after 20,000 miles, he must have left the Republic of Texas more than a couple times and ventured to someplace with at least some big hills (maybe the Ozarks for example).

I guess the main thing this tells me is that the ratings of the OEM hitch may be a tad conservative and I don't think I'm going to sweat running up on the theoretical max of the tongue weight. That Hensley looks like a great product (checked out the website) - looks like a definite "must buy" in my case to add a bit of extra comfort factor.

There were a couple of other posts in that thread that suggested folks are doing a heck of a lot more with their X5 than pulling jetskis. I thought the X5 vs H2 comparison was interesting...anyhow, like all things in life, I suppose this will be yet another case of "your mileage may vary".