View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 08:15 PM   #27
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
That's really weird. I just installed the Anderson WDH on my 2009 2720SL (with swing tongue) same year as Ed's.

After reading about your installation, I got myself all prepared to put that spacer in as you did. When I got to that part, my frame was perfect for the installation without the spacer. It looks like TM may just cut those frames in a random spot and weld in the supports just so that that everything is square. I guess that I may have just lucked or........ ORRRRR did I miss something?
I see what I did wrong. I didn't have it hooked up to the truck

Once I put it on the truck and adjusted the tension nuts, the end of the chain bolt hits the frame (Barely). I'll mess with it a bit more tomorrow but I think that's my best solution, on my trailer is to simply cut the length of the bolt down by about 2-threads.

I have the spacer just in case, but I can't imagine any issue with cutting a half inch off of those bolts. If I end up using the spacers, I would feel better welding them together. The issue with that is, I had a pacemaker put in about 2-years ago and I'm not supposed to operate an arc welder anymore and I'll be darned if I'm going to pay to have it welded.