Thread: Our New 2922KB
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 08:42 AM   #26
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

As the pictures in my earlier posts show, I have made up a new panel with two switches and correct labels. On my rig, there is no switch on the water heater itself. My plan in the next few days is to buy another switch and put it into the empty hole in the water heater itself, wiring it in series with the switch on the panel. I can then control the heater from inside or outside. Fortunately, the exact same switch is available from Amazon and others, so it will be a simple job to snap it into place.

Why do this? An inside switch is real handy, especially if I arrive at a campground after dark or in the rain. But if the inside switch is the only switch, it is too easy to flip it on during setup, before the tank is filled, and burn out the element. And when I am closing the camper down, draining the water heater is an outside job, and an outside switch is more easily remembered.

In earlier days of the Forum, several of our members added a second indoor switch, in series with the outdoor switch (it is easy to do) for exactly this reason, and were pleased with it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote