View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
Calico Jack

Default just bought 2002 2720SL

Hi Everybody:
I'm new to this site. Looked for a couple of years for a TM we could afford and bought a reallly nice 2002 model (2720SL) about three weeks ago. Already spent a week in the mountains. We came from a 10 yr relationship with a Coleman pop up. Man what a difference...this is truly Cadillac camping. I bought it from a non TM dealer and the salesman (nice guy) really didn't know the first thing about the unit. Thank goodness for complete factory manuals. A couple of questions:
(1) where is the converter located? I'm very familiar with boat inverter/chargers is the same deal?
(2) when I unhook from 110V(shore power) the manual says I should have automatic 12V power and I dont. Water pump does not work, 12V lights won't work,etc. I installed a new battery even though the old one was fairly recent and checked good under test load. Is it common for the converter to go out to lunch? Is there a updated unit (isn't there always!) with better bells and whistles? Lastly will a new Honda EU2000 power the AC unit? This is a super site and such a help, many thanks.
Calico Jack
Calico Jack is offline   Reply With Quote