View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 12:21 PM   #10
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconLover View Post
Hey Rich2468, can you post some pictures? I would love to see what 600W of solar panels look like on a TM!
Hi BaconLover,
I don't have a photo handy of just the six 100 watt array, but do have a side shot from my last camping trip.

The TrailManor's roof shells have a slight peak where they meet (the ridge is almost 3 inches higher than the sides). That wasn't initially obvious to me when I purchased the rectangular aluminum bar I used as my frame, so I had to research a way to custom bend the bar so that the weight of the array just rests at the aluminum edging where the TM'S roof comes to a 90 degree angle with the side walls (and not on the relatively soft roof shell).

I still have about 3 inches of side overhang of the rectangular bar I need to trim flush with the side walls but I was able to find end caps and am fairly happy with the installation so far.

The 6 Renogy rigid panels are placed with 2 in the front running crosswise and 4 panels running lengthwise. The 4 rear panels over hang the shell about 3 inches, which is about the same distance my backup camera sticks out.

I'll do a full write up and share once winter settles in (giving credit to Matt Carver and others who I've learned quite a bit from)...

Rich

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is offline   Reply With Quote