View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 09:53 AM   #10
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I modeled my install of dual batteries in my 2720SL after Mike’s. In my era of TM, the batteries were installed by the factory in the same place as in Mike’s picture that Bill just posted above. So what I did, and if I recall correctly Mike may have done the same, is remove and discard the old box for the one battery. Then, fill in the cavity in which that box sat with some expandable foam, which theoretically might provide a little support. On top of that, I put down a large sheet of scrap galvanized steel I had that spanned the entire hole and went well beyond the outline of the hole, but not larger than the new dual battery box I installed (which is the same as Mike’s). I can’t remember the gauge, but it was maybe 1/16” thick if I recall. You could probably also use plywood, but obviously it would need to be much thicker. That brings all of the weight up off that lower skin of aluminum sheet metal and onto the top surface of the floor.

I then installed some tie downs as Mike mentioned in the thread Bill referenced. I did that nearly 15 years ago, and it has remained as rock solid as it was the day I did it.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote