View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 11:00 PM   #10
S&C-Nevada

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for your post and information.

Flagstaff is a wonderful place. It is on my short-list of places to live if we leave Las Vegas. I'm still a member of Museum of Northern Arizona.

Our progression from backpacking, to hiking, to small tent camping, and finally to large tent car camping is similar.

Valley of Fire is a beautiful place. Have you been to Gold Butte?

Thanks for your information on towing with the Tacoma. I presume that your Tacoma is newer that my 1999 4Runner and probably has a more powerful engine and an automatic transmission.

Thank you for the information on classified advertisements. We've actually purchased a Trailmanor this weekend. We purchased a 2002 2720 SL. We had two options: an older 2002 2720SL and a newer 2011 (or 2012) 2720 SD. I prefer the dinette floor plan, but the 2002 was less than one third the price of the 2012. The 2002 was used hard and will require some "sweat equity" to bring it to my wife's standards. I'd also prefer a king bed, but a queen bed will work for us as long as I'm the one sleeping closest to the bathroom. On the trip from home after purchase, I also realized that I will need to purchase mirror extenders.

I appreciate your information on winterizing the Trailmanor. I will probably not need to do that this year. As you know, exploring the wilderness in the Southwest US in the winter is ideal; lower temperatures and fewer people.

I should close. Tomorrow I'm planning to face the DMV gauntlet (even more difficult with COVID restrictions) to register the travel trailer. Perhaps our paths will cross in a Southwestern national park or state campground. (BTW, you used the term Basin & Range Province. Not many people do. Are you a geologist?)

Steve
S&C-Nevada is online now   Reply With Quote