View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 09:20 PM   #4
S&C-Nevada

Default Advice for prospective buyer

Bill,

Thank you for your prompt response. I'm encouraged that other Trailmanor owners have good results with tow vehicles with a 5000 lb tow rating. This is the general information I'm looking for. I will research further what I need to do (weight distribution hitch, etc) to address the specific weaknesses of my tow vehicle. Yes, I believe the manual transmission is a slight advantage in a tow vehicle.

Thanks for the heads up about the limited production numbers of 2417s. Yes, I have looked at floor plans and specs for 2518s and they are attractive to us. However, I've seen very few used 2518s as well. We've chosen a poor time to purchase our first travel trailer because of additional demand caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Our goal is to travel to many national and state parks, initially in the West. So, yes, we will be towing the trailer in mountainous terrain, placing additional strain on the tow vehicle.

I was not precise in my use of the term "operational weight." I was trying to communicate the difference in specified weight and actual weight of the trailer. I read somewhere that the Trailmanor specified weights are for a "bare" trailer at the factory before installation of options, including many common options like air conditioning and awning. I was concerned that this difference may be significant.

Thank you again for providing me the benefit of your experience and for your well wishes during our search for a Trailmanor.

Steve

Steve
S&C-Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote