View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #6
rockerga

Default Wired vs wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
What about wireless surround sound? I'm not into that type of stuff, but I'm sure I saw something at COSTCO about it. There are also wireless surround sound headphones. IMHO that would be a lot easier than wiring in a TM. TMs are not real conducive to adding wiring - or repairing wiring for that matter!
It's all about sound quality reproduction. if you are talking about hi-fi television or background music then by all means wireless will work for you. To gain true surround sound in todays standards of either "Dolby" or "THX" then you have to have a "wired" system. We are not talking volume, but rather the quality of and from where the sound eminates.

If you are putting in a nice LCD TV with a DVD player and/or a cable hook-up at a camp-site that offers 5.1 surround (Broadcast standard today: 1-center channel, 2-front speakers, 2 rear surround speakers and 1- subwoofer) you will need a wired system to "appreciate" the nuances of the audio track to match the intended audio effect.

I am a musician and audiophile so sadly my ears have heard the best and I cannot go back to the days of dancing to good ole transister radios and be satisfied.