View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 05:43 AM   #3
rockerga

I am working the installation out in my mind and I have so far come to the conclusion of making my own TV shelf (With accessories from TM just like the shelf in the bedroom area) except slightly longer/wider. I am going to mount it in front of the refrigerator (closer to the couch) at the same height as the existing counter. The wiring for the "front" speakers and the speaker themselves will be attached to the ceiling with velcro. The wiring can go straight up from the LCD tv to the ceiling so as not to be in the way and then run taut to their respective speakers. Panduit and other manufacturers make very sticky adhesive "mounts" for velcro straps. These mounts I am thinking can be permanent as they are on the "inside" box when closed. The existing rear speakers would be utilized. I am looking at the same Surround system as Bob Rederick due to the light weight and small size of the satellite speakers. This is a project I want to complete withing the next month. My son is a high-end home theatre designer and installer. I will enlist him and advise all once we have completed for all to know. IDEALLY: I am really looking at a 2 system set-up: 1 in the rear (bed) compartment and 1 in the main living area with the wiring all done from below if possible... I will let you know when we have completed this adventure.