Thread: storage?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #17
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeWoo View Post
LOL-ain't that the truth!

Soon as we got back from our first trip a couple days ago, we removed the 'closet' that lays on the floor during travel and stands on the rear counter top next to the bed in our 2720sd. Just took too much of the floor space during travel. We're gonna try some plastic 'milk crates' to keep stuff in on the floor when moving, and stack them on the shelf like little cubes. We just don't normally camp with clothing that needs to be kept hanging.
I removed the closet within 15 minutes of ownership of our new TrailManor. We instead use flip-lid plastic boxes and in our 2720SD three of these boxes line up side-by-side perfectly on the counter where the closet would have been. One box has my clothes, one box for DW clothes and one box is the dry food box. This is suitable for the weekend campouts. On longer trips a second dry food box stacks on top of the other dry food box. The nice thing about these boxes is that they stack so nicely in the truck without sliding off of each other.

We generally have no ability to open up the trailer to load it up with clothes and food before we leave.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote