View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtouchfla View Post
After years of looking, my beautiful wife and I have decided on a Trailmanor (used) 2720. All the literature suggests my V6 SUV Ford Edge wil move it with ease. In reading the forums, there seems to be some question the Edge can do the job. I would appreciate any suggestions the "forum" can give us.
Thank you:
Djtouchfla
It would be nice if there were a single guaranteed-correct answer. But there isn't. If you've been looking through theTowing Rigs forum, you have seen that two initial questions must be answered.

As always, the first question is "Where will you tow?" Believe it or not, it makes a difference.

The second question is "Does the vehicle have a factory-installed tow package?" In many cases, including the Edge, the tow rating is valid only if the vehicle has the factory tow package. I don't know the model year of your Edge, but without the package, the tow rating is probably only 2000 pounds, which isn't even close. Even in the best case, the rating on the Edge is 3500 pounds, which many of us consider kind of marginal.

What year is your Edge? For 2011, check
http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/g..._EdgeNov18.pdf
But the same document is available for other years.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote