View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Very controversial, this topic.

I drive a Toyota Sienna (2006) and a 2720SL. I don't have any problems with this setup, and I know of more than a few others with the same, without any reported issues. I also have weighed my rig, and I exclusively tow in the flat midwest, so mountains and high altitude are not part of my equation.

I find that the 2720SL with the recliner removed allows for a huge amount of floorspace, relatively speaking, and that was of the highest importance to me and my family (4 yo twins + dog). So, I don't feel like I "gave anything up", rather I feel that this model is the perfect match for me. Plus, it fits in my single car garage slot, with a couple of inches to spare. I have plenty of storage space -- I am nowhere near capacity on storing things, I am at capacity on weight, though, so I don't take anything extra beyond what I've deemed as "needed for camping". Which is still a lot, mind you

Many feel the Toyotas are underrated. Other minivans are overrated for towing, it seems. Do a forum search, you'll find many threads about this topic. I personally feel that the tow rating is a classification thing, a marketing thing, more than an actual number that has concrete meaning and significance.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote