View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #7
Digger

Lot’s of good advice given so far and grakin is right, the first thing to freeze up is the shower lines. There is a good size exhaust vent hole in the floor under the tub exposing the plumbing to out side air. I made a mod. to my TM putting shutoff valves in the lines going to that area so I could shut off the water and drain it then only turning it on when using the shower. Have a hair dryer with you to thaw the outside drains if need be. Leaving cabinet door under the sink and the bath door open when it’s really cold helps keep that area warm. When below freezing, use a dishpan for wash water as much as possible and toss it. I poured a gal of 40 below windshield washer down the drains, cheaper than RV anti freeze, to help keep the gray water tank from freezing then used the drains as little as possible. Worked at temps well below zero, so far. An other thing we do is use a gas Coleman lantren, gives off plenty of light, saves on battery power and helps heat the place. Just be sure you have good ventilation. Ed