View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
ksm1267

Thanks bill, I'll be further inland from Seattle, right on the Columbia River (Oregon/Washington border, Hood River, OR/White Salmon, WA. I'd say it will be somewhere in between a coastal wet climate and a Mountain dry cold climate- snowfall will be a gamble- some years have seen significant snowfall, other years not so much. I think my temperament will be fine (retired Air Force and avid outdoorsman), but I don't want my boondocking to distract me too much from my training- I was planning on a generator, and coming in every 3-5 days to a dump station and to refill water- and maybe staying in a park at least 1 week a month out of the 4- what issues with grey/black water dumping are you referring to?

will the water heater keep my water hot for showers below freezing?

how/where do you dump grey/black water if it's not convenient to go to a dump station? where do I refill water?

will i need to insulate my water tank/lines?

Also, I'll be towing the 2720 with a Saturn Vue V6 AWD, only a 3500 LB tow rating- I will be getting a swing hitch and good brake controller.

By the way, what are the R-values of the TM? One thing I have not found on the net. The big 5th wheel manufacturers always brag about their floor, ceiling, and wall R-values, all of which seem basically the same but each one boasts that they lead the pack- curious how TM stacks up...