View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
Chris
Site Team

Guys,
Sorry for some of the delays, but I finally got a real job, and have been adjusting to working 40 hours again instead of lounging around. There is a huge problem with these spammers, and the whole vbulletin community is affected. The Captcha's aren't getting them. They have valid emails, and they ARE authenticating. We do know that they're bots, and that most of them are originating from Chinese based IP addresses. What we also know is that there has been a purchase through Russia of a large block of IP's from a chinese domain. We're pushing VBulletin to make some changes, and honestly, I haven't finished reading all of the posts on the VB site, but we're working on it. There are some best known methods that we're looking at, but it also affects users signing up. There is a balance that needs to be achieved.

I am working it. I know it's frustrating, and I know it's bothersome. There isn't an easy way out of this like before, but we're figuring out what they're doing and how they're doing it, and that will help us stop it.

Keep reporting them as you see them, and we'll wipe them out.
Ct..

www.trailmanorowners.com
www.granddesignowners.com
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote