View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #15
sail_ski

Default re lots of questions

I will address the boondocking questions as others have answered most.
I boondock 4-6 weeks a year where no power is available

Solar- I have a 115watt solar panel and controller this will re-charge your batteries. Notice I said batteries I have three. This will give you plenty of
capacity. I Have top for Pu truck. Made a slot for solar panel storage that slides in and is pinned. solar panel lays horizontal about 2.5 feet above truck bed.

Lighting- replace current overhead lights with LED type lamps. This draws
less than a third of power per bulb saving a lot of energy.

Water- Portable or colapsable containers-I have three- Fill these up at water station load in back of Tow Vehicle. Hook up to portable 12volt pump with garden hose & fill your TM without lifting . Harbor freight sell's a small 12volt pump which when connected to a trailer adapter plug on back of tow truck/van works great.

Inside water saving --Get plastic containers that fits in sink & tub to capture grey water. By doing this your grey water tank does not have to be dumped as often.

Tow Vehicle if pu. Made 4x6.5 ft rolling platform for truck bed. It's easy to make and put ball rollers underneath so platform will slide. The platform contains (8) plastic tubs for storage and space left over for other misc things. Will send you picture if you like. Above the platform the solar panel is mounted so all storage can slide out for easy acces have about $90 in material.

If you have any other questions feel free to email me @ [email protected]. Good luck with your travling I will be on north Padre Island for windsurfing April- Mid may. Wyoming in August Yeh for Semi Retirement.
Have F150 with 2720SL with windsurfers/Kayaks

Bob