View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #4
2bcs1jrt

No remodeling. Just various things to add more storage. The Container Store is a treasure trove of ideas for over the door hooks and shelves. And I replaced the velcro that holds the viny flaps up with a marine grade velcro that has worked great.
We have also performed some modifications as suggested on this forum. We very recently did a wheel well modification to round out the wheel wells so they might do less damage in a blow out. (The old TMs have a square wheel well) We also added a lift kit which is basically a piece of square steel that mounts between the axel and the frame to raise it up 2.5 inches higher. Some folks do this to give clearance so you don't bottom out going through a dip. We did it because we wanted to upgrade to larger wheels and tires for safety.
The 2518s have 13 inch wheels. They have a lower speed and load carrying capacity than a 14 inch wheels and tires.
The smallest TM they make now is a 2619. They have the 14 inch tires.
I put a call out to other 2518ers recently and got no responses. Not many out there I guess.

Cheri
PS
As a trial member, you will not have full access to the forum. If you decide to join, you will see a lot more information on this site