View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 04:03 AM   #4
verdicastro

We place a deposit on the TM with a commitment to buy. Thanks everyone who responded for your input. I will pick up the TM this coming Thursday.

Bill, to partially answer your question
We are camping in our back yard this year. The kids (3 kids) are excited about the prospect of camping; it does not matter to them where they do it and I will take this opportunity to get to know the camper.
We live in the middle of the state of Connecticut. Our camping travels would be confined to our home state. Our two places of interest are roughly 200 miles round trip each, allowing ample margin if lost to get back on track. The road we’ll take to either of these places is generally flat with some small hills and fewer mountains and a bit of winding. These two state camping grounds offer full service hook ups.

The TV has been our point of concern and one of the reasons for choosing TM and our request to have the WDH and Sway bars included in the deal. We would have preferred the 2619 model to further reduce our towing concern.

My wife and I have agreed to drive two cars wherever we go camping. We’ll load the second car to the max, including the family and use the van strictly to pull the TM. We’ll carry blankets, towels, pillows and other light items in it. Finally my driving will rest in the side of strict caution.

I have not checked with Honda. I will forward that when it comes about.
Verdi