View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #15
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcatwo
I've found our TM's door works better if I do most of the side to side leveling with blocks under the tires. I use the side leveling jacks just to firm things up.
I completely agree with this statement. I had the same experience.

I have been using an 18 inch carpenters level when at home and a 6 inch level when on the road.

One reason I have been delaying putting on permanent levels is I have been forthing and backing on what I consider level to be.

My first goal was to get the fridge *EXACTLY* level. This resulted in water on the counter over the fridge to run towards the seat instead of towards the sink.

My second attempt was to make the counter over the fridge lean slightly towards the street side and slightly toward the rear. This would keep the water from running on to the seat.

I have finally decided to level the stove top. Cooking crepes and frying eggs is not easy if the stove is off level.

I have determined that if the stove top is level then the fridge is close enough. The water on the counter problem can be solved by getting a drain mat under the dish drainer.

So real soon now I will be ready to attach some permanent levels to the exterior.

It only took me 18 months and about a dozen trips to reach this conclusion. I can't wait to see how long it takes me to figure out where I want to mount the levels.

OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) can sometimes get in my way.