View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 08:23 AM   #10
sir1doc

I agree with the others in that a little planning goes a long way. Fortunatly the DW is great at getting ready all that they will need. We had a large PU last year and upgraded to the TM this year. We havent been out yet but can't wait. The DW will enjoy not hauling the kids to the shower house all the time sometimes twice a day as my son like most is "all boy" and into every dirt pile he can find. We co-slept our 18mo son with us in the PU because he frequently woke up with campground noises and it helped having us there but have found that a soft CD/radio in the background helps him and we hope to let him now over 2, have the couch this year. the 7yr daughter regularly brings a friend along. Bringing a friend is great if you have the means. It keeps them busy and with a walkie talkie she can head to the playground, as long as we can see it. we can pack up and she burns some energy for the ride home. we also try to stay at the closer kid friendly parks for now and will save the longer sight-seeing trips for when they are a little older. The idea of the small play tent was a great idea. we got one of those small 2-4 person dome tents $15 on sale and we put it outside which gives a shaded play area and also a place to toss their toys and things when off at the pool or in for the night. It helps keep things out of sight and dry from morning dew. Although when the rains come I just fold it up and store the toys in the TV.
I really like the yogi parks for the kids. There are always activities planned all day long.
I hope this helps and have fun with your TM