View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 09:39 AM   #8
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Here is a solution to power down the radio antenna if you install a radio in the provided location. I posted this in a thread about battery conservation.
"I found that the radio antenna power lead is spliced to the radio power lead at the back rear of the fridge compartment. Remove the upper fridge vent, remove the two screws holding the plywood panel over the fridge cooling coil to access this area. I removed the splice between the two wires and extended the antenna power lead to the front of the cabinet where I connected it to the power antenna wire coming from the radio. Now the antenna is only powered when the radio is on. My Kenwood radio has a function switch to select radio, tape, CD changer/aux input and standby. The standby selection keeps the clock display running. If I hold this function switch down for several seconds, the power is turned off to the radio except for a very small current required to retain my button and tone settings and the internal clock time. I don't have enough battery drain to worry about and my radio clock is always set."
If you don't have a radio installed, remove the 12 volt fuse for the radio circuit.
Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote