View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 09:33 PM   #1
Fasterskis

Default New Owner - 2008 2720SL Now in Clarkston MI.

We just bought a 2008 2720SL. Wasn't looking for one. Didn't think we needed one. But here I am. Let me explain.
I grew up camping every summer for 10 days in Northern Michigan in the mid 60's to Mid 80's. Along with 20-30 of our extended family members. We would take over an entire section of the park. My parents had a 1958 Heilite Pop up hybrid. Kind of a freak camper back then. Since then I have owned 3 or 4 tents. 15 Years ago in a torrential down-pour, I packed up all of our soaked belongings, wadded the tent up and jammed it in a nearby dumpster and said "never again." We just recently lost one of the family patriarchs who was responsible for everyone camping and at his funeral many of us decided a camping family reunion was in order. There was no way I was getting back in a tent so I checked around with friends to inquire about borrowing their motor-homes or campers. A tent side pop-up was out of the question. Too close to a tent for me. The other options; a 35 ft Motor-home, wont fit on the lot (same one as 1960's), a fifth wheel trailer, no tow vehicle. Considered renting, $150-$300 a night. No thanks. And there it was, a TM for $4000 for sale local. Skipped over it and came back, made a call and an appt. to see it when it was available. (had to wait a week until it returned from a trip) In the meantime I did a lot of research and decided I had to have it. Buy it, use it, rent it out for a few trips and sell it. Come out ahead $$$ after a year of ownership. The day before we were scheduled to see it (buy it), we received a message that it had sold. Now we had too much time invested in TM so we had to find another one. We looked at 3 and eventually found the perfect one in Columbus OH. Like new for a 2008. Jen and Deb kept it in great condition and the original equipment tires indicated that this TM didn't have much more than a few thousand miles on it. Made it home on those 2007 tires (barely) and now we are committed to long term use, no renting, and are about to start a remodel project to modernize things a bit. Thanks in advance for all of the help I will be asking for in the near future. Sorry for the long post. I promise they wont all be this long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03081 (2).JPG
Views:	168
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	18864   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8497 (3).jpg
Views:	241
Size:	954.4 KB
ID:	18865  
Fasterskis is offline   Reply With Quote