View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 05:45 PM   #4
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re:1989 trailmanor 28

Stan,

Hopefully, the 3 big costly items are in working condition: the refrig, the furnace,and the hot water heater. The a/c was extra so that's another item you might want to check out also. These items are quite expensive to replace. With the age of the TrailManor, one of them or more might be in need of repair.

Also, the tires might need replacing. You are talking about 4 tires plus the spare. They will start to dry rot after 3 or 4 years and that can be a dangerous situation.

Also, I don't know what you have for a tow vehicle, but remember that this unit was the largest one built back then. It weighed in at 3000 lbs without the extras (awning, spare tire, a/c). So please make sure your tow vehicle can handle the trailer.

Also, back then, this was the 6th year for production of the trailer, they were using wood in the top sections, and there were some dry rot problems also. They changed the construction shortly after that.

Another thing to check out is if the water lines are OK, and they don't have any burst lines or the water pump is shot. Another thing is the roof vents. After years of use, they get brittle and break. Someone told me that getting replacements for that size vent was hard to do. I am not sure of it though just hear say.

Hope this helps out.

Bob Strong

BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote